Tuesday, January 8, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Valentines Tray

 Who is getting excited for Valentines Day?
I think I like decorating for Valentines more than the actual
holiday itself.  Either way I am still getting anxious to
put out the Valentines decor.
When Katelyn and I were looking at everything that IKEA had
to offer and we saw this cute plate for $4.99!
 We thought it looked like a lace doilie. 
It reminded us of something you would put out on
Valentines Day.
And since chalkboard has become all the rage lately
we thought this would be a perfect chalkboard.
 So we taped off the sides and got out our handy chalkboard
spray paint and sprayed the center.
We taped and covered the sides while painting.
After a coat or two of paint we had a
chalkboard center. 
 Now the possibilities are endless for decorating.
Use as a tray for treats, cute drinks
or do like we did and fill your martini glass
with conversation hearts.
 If only I was an artist, I would have an amazing
"fonty" handwriting and be able to make the
most adorable chalkboard signs I could imagine,
but I'm not, so the extras on the plate will have
to steal the stage for me.
Let the countdown to Valentines Day begin.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment