Friday, February 8, 2013

Must Have!

Hey everyone! 

It's g, from g shopping bag



I wanted to share with you one staple item that I have in my closet. This item hardly ever, if ever, is actually hanging up in my closet. As soon as it comes out of the wash I am wearing it. It goes with everything and is constantly in style all year round. 


It's my denim shirt!

Crazy right?! 

When the trend first started I thought people were nuts. See, I'm old enough to actually remember when the denim shirt first started. {lets not say how long ago that was

I was nervous about following this trend because someone once told me... 
'if you wore the trend once, you are too old to wear it again when it comes back in style."
Well, I think that statement sucks! And since I have never really been one to follow the rules, I thought why start now. So I caved in and bought the denim shirt. I found mine at Ross for $12.99 at the beginning of the summer. However, they are EVERYwhere and come in many different styles. Here are a few cute ones I found last night.
What I like about this one is the slight discoloring of the denim. I wouldn't buy a solid colored denim, because it feels too 90's to me, but some of you may be able to pull it off. I would stick to a cowgirl stitching style, discoloring, 3/4 sleeve buttons and pockets on the front or a longer back tail to wear with tighter pants.
I love, love, love this denim shirt from Forever 21. It gives it a little more punk feel, but is still neutral enough to go with everything!
This one would be so super cute with some fun leggings!
Here are a few ideas of what I wear with my denim shirt...

   
{sorry these pics are horrible. I just discovered that the lighting in my bedroom sucks. I will have to move my long mirror somewhere else next time.}
It's such an easy shirt to throw over anything. If you don't have one, get one!! 
I promise you will end up wearing it with everything and you'll look cute too. :)

I will be celebrating Valentine's Day out of town next week, 
so I will catch you all the week after. Have a Happy Happy Valentine's Day!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment